Potential sites for Waste Point Funding

General Information post not for specific country or area
JockandRita

Re: Potential Waste Point Funding

Post by JockandRita »

Having donated, we really hope this takes off in a big way, with more and more property owners (big and small) seeing the potential to attract custom. There are so many lovely places we'd love to visit here in the UK..................if we were made welcome as MH'ers. We don't want isolated campsites, as we prefer to move on every couple of days, and having dump and refresh facilities (chargeable), would help us to move about more freely, just as we do when abroad in the EU.
It's not that we'd prefer to go abroad in the MH all the time, but it's because we are made welcome as MH'ers, with facilities available, (chargeable or not).

On the subject of waste points, would they not be easier and cheaper to install if they were at ground level, (rather than raised), which would accommodate "all users", including those with black tanks which are flushed out with their grey waste, via a gravity fed pipe to ground level.

Cheers,

Jock (& Rita). :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jock and Rita,
Thanks for the donation,
We are looking at ground level and maybe just an handle on a manhole if possible,
The unit normally installed in the UK is cheap and can fit over an existing manhole.

We are just putting the finishing touches to an funding application form for potential site.
We are finalising the process for selection but intend to do site visits to check each site and make an assessment based on access, location, easy of installation etc.
Several members have asked for ground level if possible.

We are also trying very hard to find a UK company to manufacture a simple European style Borne but no one seems interested and it as a huge potential.

Please keep suggesting waste points to potential locations. Members will soon be able to purchase packs of pre orinted handouts that look amazing.
F99999F3-F5DA-491F-A68E-5B5BD5F392ED.jpeg
A56CF6C0-5232-4BC4-A723-7CA33599163D.jpeg
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Speve

Post by Speve »

I have already approached Tesco and they said that they were looking into the possibility but no commitment to waste points so far and I asked them to confirm exactly what they were doing so far no reply😥
Jongood

Post by Jongood »

Thanks, I'm away for a few days but will get on it on my return. I do think Lidl and Aldi seem to be the most go ahead at present and will try them first but wonder whether we would have more luck with Tesco's or Sainsburys because they tend to have filling stations?
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Jongood, I do see your point it's just the point of having basically a poop station on a food outlet premises which may not appeal to them. I agree with Steve, by all means give it a try and brilliant if you succeed. I would be happy to help you if you can get a positive reply.
JLO

Post by JLO »

JockandRita wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:09 am Having donated, we really hope this takes off in a big way, with more and more property owners (big and small) seeing the potential to attract custom. There are so many lovely places we'd love to visit here in the UK..................if we were made welcome as MH'ers. We don't want isolated campsites, as we prefer to move on every couple of days, and having dump and refresh facilities (chargeable), would help us to move about more freely, just as we do when abroad in the EU.
It's not that we'd prefer to go abroad in the MH all the time, but it's because we are made welcome as MH'ers, with facilities available, (chargeable or not).

On the subject of waste points, would they not be easier and cheaper to install if they were at ground level, (rather than raised), which would accommodate "all users", including those with black tanks which are flushed out with their grey waste, via a gravity fed pipe to ground level.

Cheers,

Jock (& Rita). :)

Hi Jock and Rita

Long time no see, hope you are both fit and well

Jacqui
astevens1438

Post by astevens1438 »

Jongood wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:46 am Thanks, I'm away for a few days but will get on it on my return. I do think Lidl and Aldi seem to be the most go ahead at present and will try them first but wonder whether we would have more luck with Tesco's or Sainsburys because they tend to have filling stations?
I love this idea and personally think the likes of Aldi and Lidl are better suited to approach. Their car parks are usually more suited to pulling in with MHs and vans is my current perception, and I think it could be a good draw of custom, as you're right, they don't usually have filling stations when compared to the other big chains.

On another note, I'm looking at the potential of setting up my own aire with facilities (including a Revolution Laundry) - exciting times and certainly one of the positive impacts of CAMpRA's efforts, so thank you!
Steve

Post by Steve »

If you are thinking of Revolution please go via CAMpRA as they will donate £100 and do the groundwork for the waste point FOC if installing a laundry machine.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
astevens1438

Post by astevens1438 »

Steve wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:24 am If you are thinking of Revolution please go via CAMpRA as they will donate £100 and do the groundwork for the waste point FOC if installing a laundry machine.
Absolutely, I've seen the incentive posted. Just at the initial stage of thoughts at the moment, but will definitely contact you if we go ahead with it.
JockandRita

Post by JockandRita »

[/quote]

Hi Jock and Rita

Long time no see, hope you are both fit and well

Jacqui
[/quote]
Hi Jacqui. 😀

Great to hear from you, and hope that you are still enjoying the MH life, as we are. Just not getting abroad again yet, but would love to tour more of the UK, hence an active interest in CAMpRA. (Did you see how I brought us back on topic there? ;) ).

Cheers

Jock. :)