Tyne and Wear
East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Steve

Re: Ripon

Post by Steve »

The main document is our briefing document but if you want to set up a zoom meeting one of us will be happy to join you ?
I have attached a few documents that will help you.
If you want to discuss pm me your tel number and I will give you a call

Steve
Myth or Fact - 18th Feb 22 .docx
(68.12 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Briefing document.pdf
(352.93 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
financial benefits v3.docx
(70.83 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Key facts for radio Aug 22.docx
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Traceybarkwill

Post by Traceybarkwill »

Hi, it is probably best id Madwitch supports this as she is local. However, I can try to answer your questions. If people are inappropriately using car parks, the chances are the council will clamp down anyway as have Northumberland & many others.

A formal Aire &/or several official spaces in car parks would be better than nothing. We could also suggest provision of black waste point & water in a central location. Campra might be in a position to help. If not, I have suggested in the past that we, as a regional group, could run a Crowdfunder to help with the provision of services in a specific place.

Another option is to put them in touch with a formal Aire provider such as Aire Services who operate in France but might well be willing to set up in the UK.

If you do get a face to face, or video meeting before Madwitch us available, I can support you.

Documents that might help :

'Briefing Document '

If you look on the website library, you can read some of the templates & decide which is the best fit.
Hils and Glenns

Post by Hils and Glenns »

Thank you. I'm away at the moment going home later today. I'm using my phone and finding the forum a bit difficult to navigate. I'll be much better on my laptop which is at home. So I'll get myself organised properly with all the necessary info then. Thanks for all the offers of help I may need them. :)
Hils and Glenns

Hi I'm having a meeting with a woman from the Ripon BID team on Monday 19th. It sounds very informal. She' says she has found the info on this site helpful and doesn't need anything else at this stage. She would just like a walk round Ripon to look at potential sites. I'm happy to do that.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sounds great 👍👍
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

Hils and Glenns wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm Hi I'm having a meeting with a woman from the Ripon BID team on Monday 19th. It sounds very informal. She' says she has found the info on this site helpful and doesn't need anything else at this stage. She would just like a walk round Ripon to look at potential sites. I'm happy to do that.
Hi. I’m back home by 19th so if this meeting is in the afternoon I’d be happy to help out. Can’t do the morning though I’m afraid. If any use let me have the details. Cheers Carolyn
Hils and Glenns

Hi Carolyn
Thanks for the offer of help. Unfortunately the meeting is in the morning of the 19th but I'm feeling confident about it though. I don't think the BID team are expecting anything too technical at the moment. Maybe you will be available if they want to move things forward.
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

Hi Hilary - I've responded to your pm. I guess this will now be postponed? Let me know.
Hils and Glenns

I've had a positive meeting with Lilla from Ripon BID team this afternoon. We had a walk round Ripon to identify possible motorhome parking sites.
The BID team don't have any land or available funds so Lilla is going to approach land owners to see if any are amenable to motorhomes.
I think it was a positive meeting but there is a long way to go not least of all because Harrogate council aren't making any changes to anything at the moment as they are in the middle of reorganisation. She has taken Carolyn's @Madwitch phone number and says she will contact her.
Last edited by Hils and Glenns on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well done at least they are aware of the opportunities and talking to us 👍