Tyne and Wear
East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Hils and Glenns

Ripon

Post by Hils and Glenns »

I obviously posted this in the wrong place and have been redirected here.
So copying in my original post.

Hi This is my first post and I'm not certain of the set up. I hope I'm posting in the right place.
I live locally to Ripon North Yorkshire which is bang in the middle of some very good attractions. Unfortunately Ripon gets overlooked being the poor relation to Harrogate. Ripon has a number of carparks that are empty at night.
I have just read this article
https://thestrayferret.co.uk/ripon-bid- ... lSYs5wUKSM
I am thinking of approaching them re the possibility of motorhome parking. Has anyone already approached them? If not can you advise me on how to do it. Regards Hils and Glenns
Madwitch

Re: Ripon

Post by Madwitch »

Hello. I'm on the Leadership Team and live in Harrogate. I think you're right - Ripon does get overlooked. I think it would be a great idea to approach the BID team. There are lots of templates on the website under Letter Templates, or just write your own. Remember to keep it positive - ie the positives that motorhome tourism can bring. Invite them to look at the business hub on the website and use the contact email if they need any more info. Happy to help at any time.
Hils and Glenns

Thanks Steve. I'm not sure how or where to find the BID team as yet. I'll see if I can find them. Any help appreciated.
Hils and Glenns

Hi I have contacted the BID team in Ripon now using one of the templates here and making adjustments appropriate to Ripon. I haven't received a reply yet. To be honest I'm feeling less hopeful now, but I've done my best so we'll just have to see.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Don't give up, try different departments. Is there a an economic regeneration officer, tourist officer, or write to different councillors especially the opposition party.
Never stop trying, eventually you will get an answer and then start again.
What's no good for one department will work for another, you just have to find them.
Hils and Glenns

Hi I have resubmitted my proposal to the Ripon Bid team. The team is definitely up and running now. Last time I submitted they asked me to get in touch later as they weren't ready yet. So we'll see. Fingers crossed.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

York were very reluctant to come on board.
They are now looking an Aire at a Park and Ride Scheme. :D Keep.it going.
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

Hils and Glenns wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm Hi I have resubmitted my proposal to the Ripon Bid team. The team is definitely up and running now. Last time I submitted they asked me to get in touch later as they weren't ready yet. So we'll see. Fingers crossed.
If you need help, I'm only in Harrogate.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hils and Glenns wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm Hi I have resubmitted my proposal to the Ripon Bid team. The team is definitely up and running now. Last time I submitted they asked me to get in touch later as they weren't ready yet. So we'll see. Fingers crossed.
Did you send our briefing document?
It will highlight the financial benefits especially the link to report from Ireland.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Hils and Glenns

Hi re getting an Aire in Ripon. I contacted the BID team and they told me to get back to them in 2023. So I took it they weren't that interested. However they have just emailed me requesting a meet up.
So I'm in a dilemma. Motorhomes are using a car park in Ripon and some seem to be staying overnight. Staying overnight isn't mentioned on signs so it isn't forbidden but neither is it official. I don't want to be the cause of this being stopped. What do you think? The car park is owned by Harrogate Council and I was told by Ripon BID team that it is nothing to do with them.
The BID teams purpose is to promote Ripon and tourism
There has certainly been an increase in motorhome numbers of late.
What do you think is it better to have an official aire that might turn out to be more expensive or just leave well alone? I will contact the team tomorrow when I get home. Can you point me in the direction of the doc that shows how they can make an income please? I'm struggling to find my way round the site as I'm on my phone. @madwitch if you want to be involved let me know.