Denbighshire

Regions in Wales
Steve

Denbighshire

Post by Steve »

I have picked this up and liaising with the author and a member who lives locally to formulate a response

Received this optimistic reply from local Denbighshire MP.
Does anyone have time to send Judith Greenhalgh, Denbighshire Chief Exec. , some information about what aires are and why they are needed.
Unfortunately I’m a bit busy at the moment with work.

Dear Jonathan and Louisa,

Further to your recent correspondence, James has received a formal response from Judith Greenhalgh which I have copied below my email signature.

The Chief Executive of Denbighshire County Council confirms that there is currently no provision for motorhome parking in the local area, but that she would like the Council to consider exploring the issue further. In particular, Ms Greenhalgh notes that a coordinated regional approach could have many benefits.

I hope you find the Chief Executive’s comments useful. Please be assured that James and I will continue to monitor this issue closely.

Best wishes,
Mark

Mark Woodrow
Senior Parliamentary Assistant to Dr James Davies MP
Member of Parliament for Vale of Clwyd
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA
( 020 7219 4606

Dear James

Ref: Local campervan parking

Thank you for your letter dated 1st October 2020 and for forwarding Mr and Mrs Crossley’s letter.
Mr and Mrs Crossley make a number of very interesting points in their letter and there do appear to be stark differences in provision for motorhomes and camper vans in the UK compared with mainland Europe generally.
At present , Denbighshire County Council does not have any specific provision for motorhome parking. Many, but not all of our car parks have height barriers in place to protect against possible encampment by members of the Gypsy and Traveller community, often because of previous occurrences.
We have previously had examples of local residents complaining about motorhomes or camper vans being parked in particular streets, particularly those close to Rhyl sea front. We also received similar complaints from neighbouring residents about camper vans/motorhomes being parked in a Llangollen car park that is unprotected by height barriers.
As such, my view is that this is a matter that the Council should consider exploring further as there a number of factors that we need to consider, including costs and a potential business model. I would also be interested to know what our neighbouring authorities’ views are on this matter because a coordinated regional approach could have many benefits.
Regards

Judith

Judith Greenhalgh
Prif Weithredwr Cyngor Sir Ddinbych / Chief Executive of Denbighshire County Council
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Grey Wanderer

Re: Denbighshire

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Would anyone fancy taking on a North Wales Coastal Tour report?
A Tourist Route makes a good vehicle for a joined up approach, and seems to be gaining traction in Cumbria.
Steve

Post by Steve »

There is already a Snowdonia 360 route being planned
Steve

Post by Steve »

Follow up email sent with strategy document and survey results