Oxfordshire
Surrey
West Sussex
Hampshire
Isle of Wight
AndyC

Re: Blenheim Estate

Post by AndyC »

PeteD wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:11 am I have not heard anything either. They did promise to let me know their decision. Didn't know the C&MC was closing that soon.
Pete D
Shall I leave it to you to contact them again or would you like me to?

I live about 7 miles from Woodstock so could easily go and see them if necessary.
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

By all means contact them Andy, no harm in both of us doing so.
Pete D
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

PeteD wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:18 am By all means contact them Andy, no harm in both of us doing so.
Pete D
OK. Can you copy me your correspondence with them? Was there a specific email address for them?
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

Andy,
i have emailed you.
Pete D
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

PeteD wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:01 pm Andy,
i have emailed you.
Pete D
Thanks - got it.
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

Well, I sent an email and got no response. Subsequently emailed the Blenheim Estate office and had no response from them either.

However I have found that Blenheim Estate submitted a planning application last year for: "The re-organisation and upgrade of the existing Caravan Club Site to include the removal of 92 touring caravan pitches and demolition of existing site buildings, construction of replacement facilities and maintenance/housekeeping buildings with provision of static accommodation in the form of 36 Holiday Lodges."

As far as I can see West Oxfordshire District Council have not yet made a decision on whether to approve the application.
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

As far as I am aware, the C&MC lease was not been renewed and the Club has announced the site closure in the November magazine.
Pete D
OneGirl

Post by OneGirl »

Hi, this is my first post so please be gentle with me. I live just 3 miles from Blenheim and visit fairly regularly. Can I be of any help with this?
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

The planning application to remove the caravan site pitches and construct replacement facilities and maintenance/housekeeping buildings
with provision of static accommodation in the form of 36 Holiday Lodges was approved on 14th Dec 2021

The loss of this site will probably affect visitor numbers to Blenheim Palace and Woodstock town - but only slightly give its popularity.

However visitors with motorhomes who want to stay nearby now have little choice, and nothing within walking distance that I'm aware of.

OneGirl, if you have contacts in the Estate or Town/District Council please consider putting the case for provision of motorhome/campervan facilities, maybe send them the Briefing Document: https://campra.org.uk/download/briefing-document/
OneGirl

Post by OneGirl »

I do have an estate contact. I'll try to find out who is the best person to send it too. The loss camp site numbers would be minimal compared to the huge numbers they get through the gates of the estate each year. It's also a fair walk from the village. I'm not aware of any others in Woodstock or Bladon so perhaps I can convince that there is a need without excessive financial outlay.