Fife

Regions In Scotland
arthur49

Re: Fife

Post by arthur49 »

Robbie happy with my proposed FB post so for completeness here it is "I spent yesterday morning with Robbie Blyth, Head of Operations, Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) and he showed me round several locations in Fife where motorcaravans are currently permitted overnight. He also told me of plans to further improve motorcaravan facilities in the Kingdom of Fife.
It is proposed to extend the authorised motorcaravan overnight locations by 5 or 6, and to add waste points to some (chemical toilet disposal, grey drive over drain where practical, and a fresh water tap)
Whilst there are honesty boxes at present at some locations, the plan is to install parking meters with overnight charge of £10 to include access to toilets and waste disposal. Dedicated staff will be appointed to patrol the parking areas throughout Fife to ensure compliance and it is important to stress that the funds raised will be ploughed back in to motorcaravan facility improvements.
I think Robbie and Fife Coast and Countryside Trust deserve the motorcaravanning communities thanks and support for their efforts, sometimes frustrating, for all that has been done and is in the pipeline probably completed by next spring/summer.
Fife is beautiful, historic, and well worth exploring. Thank you Robbie and your team"

We spoke about planning consent. Since FCCT is a charity set up by Fife Council, changes appear to go through informally. He did ask about Motorhome Fun and asked to see the Application Form, which he now has
arthur49

Re: Fife

Post by arthur49 »

In light of the very positive response to my FB post I wrote to Robbie tonight as follows :

"I know you've seen the FB thread Robbie. Lots of great comments and well over 400 'Likes etc' at 6pm tonight.

I've removed one comment only for negativity accusing FCCT of 'empire building' as you were appointing parking personnel and charging £10 even though the money raised will be ploughed back in to the motorcaravan facilities in Fife! He's probably miffed that his 'free' spot will be gone next year.

As I said to you, CAMpRA members are happy to pay a reasonable sum to stop overnight and have access to waste/water and £10 is the figure our member survey came up with. I'd not be bothered in the slightest by the odd 'naysayer'.

I seem to be getting a lot of thanks as well for limited input, when Steve Haywood and Meg Macdonald did more, but I'll take it, as it helps our cause from a PR perspective!

Any queries you have my email and number. Hope waste point installation goes well. I'm neither a plumber, an engineer or a surveyor but if I can help from a motorcaravanner's viewpoint please get in touch.

Good luck with the improvements and thank you again for your efforts.

Regards
Arthur
Tel: xxxxxxxxx"
arthur49

Re: Fife Coast and Countryside Trust

Post by arthur49 »

Email from FCCT received today:

Hi Arthur

Thanks for your email I hope you are doing well.

Yes, we have had 25 + motorhomes stay overnight at Elie & Kingsbarns though we have signage up that say 8 for Kingsbarns and 7 for Elie. We will be introducing the Parking Charge Scheme (PCN) in the very near future possibly Kingsbarns early than Elie.

We are looking to have the scheme in operation prior to the summer holidays.
Access to the toilet blocks overnight for Kingsbarns will be introduced as soon as the PCN scheme starts, and we are looking to install a new toilet block at Elie in September with a Chemical Disposal point however we are having to deal with a couple of issues in relation to land ownership. However, once the PCN scheme is introduced at Elie will endeavour to facilitate access to an overnight toilet.

Last weekend we had staff meet and greet motorhomes users on the Friday & Saturday giving out guidance and leaflets (attached) as the overnight bays had reached their quota, we advised all users of vehicles that they could not park out with the designated bays after 20:00. Though self-users where disappointed they did see the bigger picture and sought other places to park overnight.

As you are aware we are keen to develop the scheme and provide more options for Motorhome users and I will endeavour to keep you and the rest of the motorhome community up to speed.

Kind Regards

Robbie Blyth

Head of Operations
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust
Attachments
WELCOME TO ELIE RUBY BAY CARPARK - JH adjustments.docx
(213.89 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Did you know.docx
(131.64 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
BEFORE YOU GO 2022.pdf
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 104 times