Camping Car Park list

General Information post not for specific country or area
Steve

Re: Camping Car Park list

Post by Steve »

Hils and Glenns wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:55 am Hi This is my first post and I'm not certain of the set up. I hope I'm posting in the right place.
I live locally to Ripon North Yorkshire which is bang in the middle of some very good attractions. Unfortunately Ripon gets overlooked being the poor relation to Harrogate. Ripon has a number of carparks that are empty at night.
I have just read this article
https://thestrayferret.co.uk/ripon-bid- ... lSYs5wUKSM
I am thinking of approaching them re the possibility of motorhome parking. Has anyone already approached them? If not can you advise me on how to do it. Regards Hils and Glenns
Has anyone sent our new briefing document?
Briefing document.pdf
(352.93 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
CeciliaFreer

Post by CeciliaFreer »

Fraserburgh already has good provision from small local and community campra aires Glenbuchty and Rosehearty, plus a campsite and CL. 3 are open all year.
Cecilia Freer
Glenbuchty Stopover Motorhome Aire
Fraserburgh
Steve

Post by Steve »

jsmith770 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:05 pm Bamburgh has a big carpark under the castle walls. It has several huge motorhome bays that could potentially be used as an Aire. It was almost empty last summer when we used it.
Now a NCC Aire trial site
Traceybarkwill

Post by Traceybarkwill »

Not sure why North Shields (Royal Quays) & Blyth is not on the list.??
Steve

Post by Steve »

No one has added them
Expedition_Douglas

Post by Expedition_Douglas »

Brora
There is what appears to be a perfect site for an Aire subject to an approach.

The Brora Heritage Centre has a huge level car park/hard standing and grass area with waste bins. It is only a 1km from centre of the village.

The centre has toilets and I would have thought the addition of a drinking water tap and Elsan point would be quite straightforward and it would be a great asset to the village.

There are two other car parks, one offering overnight parking the other is unclear if it has been changed to allow overnight parking and there is also a Camping and Caravanning Certified Site. Being on the A9 on the NC500 the demand is proven and the opportunities for local businesses is obvious.
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

Expedition_Douglas wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:54 pm Brora

The Brora Heritage Centre has a huge level car park/hard standing and grass area with waste bins. It is only a 1km from centre of the village.

The centre has toilets and I would have thought the addition of a drinking water tap and Elsan point would be quite straightforward and it would be a great asset to the village.

There are two other car parks, one offering overnight parking the other is unclear if it has been changed to allow overnight parking and there is also a Camping and Caravanning Certified Site. Being on the A9 on the NC500 the demand is proven and the opportunities for local businesses is obvious.
CCP have unfortunately decided to pull out of trying to get a site in the UK. However if you are local or know the site operators there is a possibility that CAMpRA could fund a waste point - are you able to get in touch with them to suggest this?
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

Expedition_Douglas wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:54 pm Brora

The Heritage Centre have been allowing overnight stays under the relaxation of planning and building warrant controls by Highland Council. This ended on 30 September 2022. I think if they want to carry on they'll need to apply for planning etc, or get an exemption that will cover them for just 5 vans.