Tweed Forum

Regions In Scotland
Steve

Tweed Forum

Post by Steve »

We have been informed that Tweed Forum are developing a tourist route, Inhave emailed them
Dear mr Comins, we have been made aware of your group and the excellent work that you are doing.
We are a rapidly growing group of volunteers working to protect our countryside and make it available to our 386,000 UK motorcaravans in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
Following the totally unacceptable behaviour of the “dirty campers” during last years staycations we are working with several councils and authorities to develop an infrastructure to support our touring motorcaravans in a safe and environmentally friendly way, we are developing several motorcaravan touring routes that will divert the some of the traffic away from main tourist routes and into areas that can benefit from the £850 million per year spent in the local economy by this group of tourist.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with your group and hopefully work with you.
I have attached our motorcaravan tourism strategy document please take a few moments to read this and share it, the document should indicate our group philosophy and aims.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss further or visit our website www.campra.org.uk

Attached strategy document and survey presentation
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Steve

Re: Tweed Forum

Post by Steve »

Update from Emma Guy

Hi-the organisation I work for has just received some funding to look at the provision of aires style stopovers in the Tweed Valley (www.GoTweedValley.co.uk). We are identifying possible locations in our area and hope to offer sites in the future once we have a plan for locations. I've had a look through some of the documents on the site which have been useful.

https://www.gotweedvalley.co.uk/?fbclid ... -Jfo3UXm0o
Biggarmac

Post by Biggarmac »

Had a very uplifting conversation with two representatives from Go Tweed this afternoon. They have got good contacts with businesses and are looking at ways to promote aires in the Upper Tweed valley.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Great news