East Anglia
Bedfordshire
Cambridgeshire
Hertfordshire
Essex
Steve

Re: West (mostly) E Anglia Activity

Post by Steve »

Well done, just a tip , if they just allow overnight parking with no facilities on the cinder area there is Zero outlay.
A 5 van exemption takes on average 6 weeks so they could be raising funds within 6 weeks.

This allows them to test the feasibility with zero risk
Money raised could be allocated to fund a waste point.
Once they have a waste point they can generate more revenue.

This is the best approach as the trial will allow them to produce a business case.

I would not include ehu as this adds complexity and potential costs in set up and operating costs and is an unknown quantity.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Thanks, Steve, for those comments. I’ve passed your tip on to Wysing Arts by email this morning:-

‘Morning Ceri,

Not trying to hassle you, but you may be interested in this suggestion put to me by one of the CAMpRA leadership team after I filed a report on our meeting last week:-

“Just a tip, if they just allow overnight parking with no facilities on the cinder area there is Zero outlay.
A 5 van exemption takes on average 6 weeks so they could be raising funds within 6 weeks.

This allows them to test the feasibility with zero risk
Money raised could be allocated to fund a waste point.
Once they have a waste point they can generate more revenue.

This is the best approach as the trial will allow them to produce a business case.”

Hope you’re able to stay cool during all this hot weather!

Best regards,

Steve’
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Steve, the EHU idea is due to Wysing Arts considering offering courses lasting days to motor caravan owners with an artistic flair, so it could be available to those who don’t have good off-grid capability. They already have some EHU there that could be adapted. I wouldn’t have mentioned it but for those factors. Cheers, Steve B.
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Below acknowledgment received from Wysing Arts on 14/6/21 - bureaucracy & a very cautious approach on this charitable bodies’ part means this’ll be very slow to develop:-

“Hey Stephen,

Thanks for sending over all of the information and for taking the time to visit. I think I would need to consult with staff, our Board, neighbours and the Council before applying for the extension certificate....

We're just gearing up for the exhibition install and opening, so we're flat out at the moment, but once things have calmed down a bit for me, I'll start the conversation and see what people think.

Best wishes,

Ceri”