East Anglia
Bedfordshire
Cambridgeshire
Hertfordshire
Essex
SBirnie

Re: West (mostly) E Anglia Activity

Post by SBirnie »

Reply 26/1/21 from Little Gransden Village Hall Chair & my acknowledgement 27/1/21 - some hope of something positive at a later date:-

Hi Sue,

Many thanks for your email of yesterday. While naturally disappointed, I'm pleased you intend to retain the information I sent to you and revisit the proposition later. Meantime, I'd be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to the committee for taking the time to consider my email and attachments and perhaps arrange for that to be recorded!

It was great to read of your own camper van aspirations! You won't be surprised as I respond with a wholehearted recommendation that you go for it! You won't be disappointed with Scotland and, yes, the life-style is addictive so I wouldn't be surprised to hear of you exploring further afield, too! If and when you start moving towards that goal, I'd be more than happy to pass on to you the benefit of our 37 years experience of choosing and using a suitable camper van / motorhome.

Thanks also for your wishes for the campaign. I'm pleased to say its making great progress throughout the UK with positive responses from authorities at national, regional and local levels, also from commercial and community-based entities. I'd be pleased to update you with this from time to time, if you'd like.

All the best,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
To: Stephen Birnie <stephenbirnie@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 21:28
Subject: Re: Little Gransden Village Hall

Dear Steve,

Apologies for seeming to take a while to get back to you. There was a lot of information for everyone to assimilate so I had to allow time for thought and discussion. Thank you for providing us with such a detailed explanation- it was very helpful.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that at the present time the committe do not think that this is something they would like to get into. However, I will keep your information and when we are in a more settled position I will broach the proposition again.

I have to say that I was personally very interested as one of the things on my bucket list is to tour Scotland in a camper van. It sounds as if I wont be stopping at one trip from what you are saying...

My best wishes for your campaign and your travels,

Kind regards,

s.
Campermark71

Post by Campermark71 »

Steve,
I have been reading with interest the e-mails between you and the Cambridge P&R and I think the question really needs to be asked is what's the difference between the way Kent police control traveller encampments at Canterbury to the way that Cambridgeshire do so at the Trumpington site? Obviously Kent have an approach that works! I dont think its because there simply isnt any travellers in Canterbury!
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Thanks, Mark - yes, I agree. However, I suspect the chap writing about travellers, while he’s a senior manager of the outsourced company operating Cambridge P&R sites, isn’t the party controlling the purse strings for any further investment, albeit is likely consulted about that. Effectively, I put your comment to him in my last email while simultaneously on the same date also emailing Cambs County Council’s Executive Team. Steve.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Canterbury have had issues with travellers but this is nothing to do with the provision of an Aire, according to Colin its an issue that they need to address on any car park in Canterbury and they deal with any problems as they arise
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Emails sent yesterday with the Emergency Staycation Recovery Plan to all Bedfordshire & Milton Keynes MPs, Central Bedfordshire Council, Bedford Borough Council and Milton Keynes Council. Same sent today to Luton Borough Council.
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Emails sent today to all Hertfordshire MPs, Herts County Council Leadership and all Herts District Councils attaching the Emergency Staycation Recovery Plan doc.
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Emails sent today with Emergency Staycation Recovery Plan to all Essex MPs & District Councils of Basildon, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Colchester & Uttlesford. I hope shortly to send the ESRP doc to the remaining Essex DCs via their online contact forms (because they don’t publish email addresses).
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Contact forms with ESRP & Background Notes now submitted to Essex CC, Chelmsford BC and Epping Forest, Maldon, Rochford & Tendring DCs.
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Emails sent today with ESRP & Background Notes to all Suffolk MPs, Suffolk CC & all Suffolk DCs, except Babergh & Mid Suffolk who require contact via a restricted online form - I plan later to submit latter.
SBirnie

Post by SBirnie »

Babergh & Mid Suffolk DC contact form now submitted.