East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Eddiey

Northumberland County Council Aires trials

Post by Eddiey »

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... f1SZH0eBqA

You may have seen 2 of these posts on our main Facebook page, one of them from me and some of the comments particularly regarding prices, which I have asked to be directed to parkingservices@northumberland.gov.uk.
Here is some background information.
I have been lobbying Northumberland County Council about motorhome parking for almost 3 years, 18 months with CAMpRA.
I have lost count of the number of people/councillors I have emailed, most never even replied.
Myself along with Tracey and others have offered to assist them free of charge on numerous occasions .
Several times, from my experience, I stated how Aires are run in Europe including costs, from zero charge to attract tourists to the most I paid 12 euros nearly all with waste/water facilities some even with free electricity.
The UK is a long way from having the same attitude towards motorhome tourism that the Europeans have, this wil take time as it did over there.
NCC have decided to do it their way, so what can we do? If you think their prices are over the top or could be restructured better—email them do not moan on here.
I will leave the comments open for those only who have emailed their ideas to the council that is where they will impact. Please let me know on here.
I will remove any that are detrimental or not related to emailing.
These are important trials for NCC and ourselves and were probably proposed and run by mostly people who have never been in a motorhome (I believe there are a few in NCC that have), let alone stayed on an Aire. Remember we were all in that situation at one time, it takes time to understand what Aires are, be polite and constuctive with your messages. But please send them they need to know.
Please leave the spacing to NCC these are their car parks.