I don't understand!

General Information post not for specific country or area
Paulmold

I don't understand!

Post by Paulmold »

Latest post on FB regarding a new Welsh aire. £25 per night ! I fail to see that this is a aire, to me it's a CL. Please tell me what makes it a aire.
Steve

Re: I don't understand!

Post by Steve »

An Aire will allow motorcaravans only, no camping, no min number of nights and allow arrival on the day .
Preferably short stay sites but if its a commercial operation we cannot dictate this.

In the UK we will not get many free Aires until we prove the benefits to the local communities.

CAMpRA do not get involved in site fees but we do recommend no more than £5 to park £10 with facilities unfortunately lots of motorcaravan owners are happy to pay more and sites will operate as a business.

Our thoughts are to get more sites and show that motorcaravan owners are responsible people leaving no trace and causing no problems. Once people and officials get that message we will see more low cost sites and less restrictions on free places.

We need to look at the long term plan and if we start demanding free or cheap overnight stays we will put people off.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team