St Ishmaels sports club

Regions in Wales
Europa

St Ishmaels sports club

Post by Europa »

This community group are currently expanding their facilities for overnight stays for Motorhomes and caravans .
They have a Facebook page and I have just messaged them with details of our campaign.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/tishclub/
Steve

Re: St Ishmaels sports club

Post by Steve »

Excellent, if they qualify as an Aire and send us a photograph we will add them to our “New UK Aires” list and our gallery.
https://campra.org.uk/download/what-is-a-mcc-aire/
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Europa

Post by Europa »

Just had a great response from St Ishmael's to say they have completed their Motorhome hard standing area. (See below)

'Hi we have just finished our hard standing area for motorhome s and caravans, although the pub is not aloud to open yet we are about to start advertising for over night stays/parking in our Secure facility which is very close to Pembrokeshire’s well known coastal path, we hope the pub will be aloud to open for outside beverages very soon.'

I have asked for more info re charges and facilities.
Europa

Post by Europa »

I have received confirmation of charges for the site at St Ishmael's.

They have an areas for camping as well as spaces for Caravans and Motorhomes.

The charges are per pitch and are £15 a night for Motorhomes.

Tents are £6
Large pitches for caravans are £20 to include awning.

**finally complete** we have just finished our caravan and motorhome hardstanding and it is open for this Easter weekend! We are ideally situated only 150 meters from the Pembrokeshire coastal path but unfortunately the Sports club and facilities will not be open. There will be access to fresh drinking water and sewage disposal. We kindly ask you adhere to all the Welsh government covid regulations and please see attached price list for details ( details are re current Covid situation)

Please be aware this is a small Community group who have worked through the lockdown to put in this facility, as their previous car park that did offer overnight to motorhomes was no longer fit for purpose . I am aware that in previous years when the clubhouse was open, those stopping over could order meals and use the bar facilities.

I feel that charges for this site in one of the most visited parts of Pembrokeshire with its access to the coastal path and amazing beaches is reasonable.

Their Facebook page has published the charges in full, together with a phone number for bookings which is
01646 636444.

There are lots more images on the Facebook page of the site together with a map for directions.

Steve, are you able to confirm if this fulfils the brief as an Aire?
Steve

Post by Steve »

If they allow advance booking and camping( ie awnings etc) then it is a campsite.
If the motorcaravan area is parking only it can be classes as a campsite with an Aire.
But the facility is great and you should notify search for sites.
If it is a campsite we cannot add to our Aires gallery.
But if they allow use of waste point for a charge we can add to UK waste points gallery?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Europa

Post by Europa »

I will message them again. Obviously as the club is closed , it is just committee members manning the Facebook page. I am not sure they are officially registered as a campsite as they don't say how many spaces . I think but am not sure that the grass area is for camping and the hardstanding for Motorhomes. They used to offer overnight stops pre - Covid in their car park, and people could use the bar and eat there. I will also as, about length of stay as that may provide an answer..