Perthshire - Kinloch Rannoch CDP - application withdrawn

Regions In Scotland
mikeg40

Re: Perthshire - Kinloch Rannoch CDP - application withdrawn

Post by mikeg40 »

I was one of many people who objected to the proposed site. it had been a petrol station many, many years ago but was redeveloped into a parking and picnic spot by the square. there is the garage just up the road so this is maybe why there was some confusion. the proposals were made by the local conservation group along with toilets at 2 other areas around the loch. there are several other possible sites but since dunalistair estate, one of the stakeholders in the conservation group, owned this site it was an easy option. unfortunately the old warden of kilvrecht campsite has retired prompting forestry scotland to double the prices there. the facilities are pretty run down and I've been told by them that they hope the new charges will help fund some improvements, not least of which the service point. I may be a little sceptical but I think that it may be a plan to close the campsite. hopefully an alternative can be found by the local bodies but I am unsure about how their plans for toilets at the other 2 location went. there seems to be no info either on PKC or LRCA. maybe the funding fell through. there has been some objections to plans for a service point in pitlochry but I don't think that even got to application status
Steve

Post by Steve »

The problem is that failing to provide service points does not solvecthe problem of illegal emptying of waste.
Providing facilities and using these to fund the public toilets is a win for everyone.
If the campsite may closing it could operate as an Aire.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
mikeg40

Post by mikeg40 »

Steve wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:39 am The problem is that failing to provide service points does not solvecthe problem of illegal emptying of waste.
Providing facilities and using these to fund the public toilets is a win for everyone.
If the campsite may closing it could operate as an Aire.
agreed, Steve. I'm not sure what the situation is with grants and funding but the gains made last year seem to be less so this year. as said, this application seems to have been mothballed and the only reason I can think of is withdrawl of funding. I have been in discussion with PKC regarding toilets like several others. suggestions have been 'passed on' so I am still no further forward
pauls59@yahoo.co.uk

Post by pauls59@yahoo.co.uk »

I was 'Tracking' this application, and today, Thursday 19th August, I received an email from planning@pkc.gov.uk that this application has been recently updated.

Reference 20/01487/FLL
Application Received Wed 14 Oct 2020
Application Validated Thu 29 Oct 2020
Address Site At Former Filling Station The Square Kinloch Rannoch
Proposal Erection of a chemical toilet disposal unit
Status Withdrawn
Decision Withdrawn
Decision Issued Date Wed 25 Nov 2020

Appeal Status Unknown
Appeal Decision Not Available

This is the last document added to the file ;

25 Nov 2020 Correspondence LETTER TO AGENT (WITHDRAW)

Planning and Development
Service Manager Kristian Smith
Pullar House
35 Kinnoull Street,
PERTH PH1 5GD
Tel 01738 475300 Fax 01738 475310

Loch Rannoch Conservation Association
c/o CASA
Colin Smith
Treetops
Dull
Aberfeldy
PH15 2JQ

Ref No 20/01487/FLL

25th November 2020

Dear Sir/Madam

Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act, 1997 as amended by Planning etc (Scotland) Act 2006

RE: Erection of a chemical toilet disposal unit Site At Former Filling Station The Square Kinloch Rannoch

I refer to the above planning application and I write to advise you that, as per your email dated 25th November 2020, this application has now been withdrawn.

Yours faithfully

Development Management Support

The applicants email requesting Withdrawal on 25th November 2020 is not attached to the documents on file.
P Simpson