Tyne and Wear
East Yorkshire
North Yorkshire
South Yorkshire
West Yorkshire
Wendyr

Email sent to West Riding FA

Post by Wendyr »

Have sent this email to Chief Executive of West Riding FA requesting they disseminate to the local football clubs

I write to you as a representative of CampRa - Campaign for Real Aires (Campra.org.uk)
Our aim is to find off road motorhome stopover areas and establish Aires in the uk.
I am one of over 350,000 British registered motorhome owners and these numbers are increasing year on year. With COVID and staycation holidays it soon became apparent last summer that there are insufficient parking/camping areas for Motorhomes in the Uk.

In Europe a network of motorhome stopover places have been established for years and is worth €millions to the tourist and local economy.
France has over 6000 Aires and is my country of choice for motorhome holidays because of the ease in short overnight stays in good safe locations.

This is were I see an opportunity for Campra to work with football clubs to the benefit of both partners. Many local clubs have large car parks which stand idle for long periods of time and overnight. Motorhomes are self contained vehicles with there own sanitation and merely require a piece of level ground for parking/sleeping overnight.
Already many rugby clubs/ village halls provide this facility and we would welcome other clubs to come on board.
An Aire would provide an unmanned parking area usually for a period of 24/48 hours maximum.Some provide a fresh water tap and some provide waste water/toilet disposal area and rubbish/recycling bins.
Prices for using the Aire vary from free to encourage local spending eg in clubhouse, to around £5 for overnight stay to £10 for Aire with facilities. Some operate with an honesty box or evening fee collection.
So a clubs empty car park could generate income for the clubs and even provide better security with people onsite overnight.
Motorhomes are geared up with on board facilities that make touring all year round possible. They carry water storage tank/ toilets/ heating and when they depart leaving only tyre marks.
A motorhome is a big investment and owners tend to be older well behaved adults often enjoying retirement travelling around different regions enjoying local culture and cuisine.
Aires do not compete with campsites which often have minimum stay bookings and are often too remote from the places Motorhomers wish to visit.
Most Motorhomers like to tour with one or two night stays before moving on.
I hope that you could disseminate this request to your football clubs and invite you to take a look at our website gallery.
Should any clubs be interested there would be no need to worry about promoting the parking area as they would be listed on several popular websites and apps showing a description of location, ground, facilities, price and reviews. Motorhomes will soon visit.
If you would like any further information please contact me by email with your contact number and I will give you a call to discuss.
Regards
Wendy Robson
Steve

Re: Email sent to West Riding FA

Post by Steve »

Great letter Wendy, Falkirk FA did allow overnight parking when visiting the Kelpies across the road
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team