Wales Road Trip Map

Regions in Wales
Tudor59

Wales Road Trip Map

Post by Tudor59 »

Just recently joined I have been working on a map for myself for exploring some of our fantastic roads in Wales but it could also be a way of possibly using as a guide to where Aires could be sited as it covers most of Wales. This is where I have got so far which is still in the process of being updated but the link will still work fine have a look to see what you think.

https://tinyurl.com/Wales-Road-Trips
Europa

Re: Wales Road Trip Map

Post by Europa »

My first observation was that all the routes were obliterated by the pinpoints,but I suspect that is a feature of the App. Secondly, having been brought up in Ammanford, I have never heard of the Ammanford pass. Will need to look more closely at the route to see if it is more well known under another name. There is Black Mountain route through Brynamman.

I notice you have ommited the Pembrokeshire and Gower areas for obvious reasons , but a favourite route of ours is a one taking in the Towy Valley and including Carreg Cennen, and Dryslwyn castles. This could be from Llandovery to Carmarthen, joining up with Ammanford or into Ceredigion.

We also love the Abergwesyn pass along the old Drovers route from Beulah to Tregaron. This could be combined with the Mineral mines road which takes you to Aberystwyth via Devil's Bridge. Neither of these are for the feint hearted.

https://uk.askmen.com/cars/galleries/be ... -pass.html

The Jurassic coast south of the M 4 towards Swansea could also form a route.

Lastly the Rhondda valleys route could be developed, especially as there is a wealth of new tourist opportunities in the offing from Zip World to the Rhondda tunnels.

Wales has so much to offer and Powys CC are already Motorhome friendly with their 1 night in 7 policy. However many other regions are not so keen.
Steve

Re: Wales Road Trip Map

Post by Steve »

Grahams maps are an example has he develops maps for a range of interests, the proposal is that Graham produce some motorcaravan routes which we can locate potential sites for Aires.
We are looking for someone with knowledge on Denbighshire at the moment as we are trying to engage with them.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team