Cardiff Aire

Regions in Wales
Troggy

Cardiff Aire

Post by Troggy »

Been working in background to get contact moving. I have been in contact with Cardiff Council depts and chased around for names but failing to get a sensible reply I recently went directly to visit the potential location.

I visited the facility known as CIWW Cardiff International White Water. A leisure facility operated under the council's auspices.
Turns out those named in earlier email accounts had moved on so went into black hole in council's IT servers.

A quick chat to one of the management team, Jordan who listened to the CAMpRA aims and made encouraging sounds early on and thought something could be done as many of their team have campers etc. so understand the basic needs.
Whilst talking to Jordan, John, the overall manager, saw me talking to Jordan and came over listened to a "30 second pitch" from me and said he was happy to meet up with me after he returns to work from paternity leave this week. So that's the initial contact made.
Next Step. I'll give John a couple of days to wade through his emails and call to set up a formal meet to see what his thoughts are. I left some CAMpRA info leaflets with Jordan and John to peruse.

Next to the CIWW is a massive ground level parking area that has a sign at the entrance titled Cardiff Swimming Pool. The pool complex is across the main road from the car park. At present there are no time limit restriction signs around the parking area but the entrance has a swing gate. The CIWW has a small service road for drop off/loading so not much room there and its not connected to the adjacent parking area.

As the CIWW is within the footprint of the much larger ISV International Sports Village development project I think there are changes afoot to parking provision.
The ISV project is approved in principle but i think final designs and contracting development partner are not yet completed so hopefully scope to get some representation underway.

I am digging up whatever design documents and graphics I can access from the council website. A lot are redacted for commercial reasons so I hope by going via the CIWW and their willingness to discuss we can make progress.
Troggy

Re: Cardiff Aire

Post by Troggy »

UPDATE

Followed up previous contact with call to John to check availability for a meeting.

He is happy to make a Teams meeting during the following times.

18/4 13.00 - 16.00
21/4 all day.

Paul T - Can you host the meeting on Teams and send out invitation emails? Council don't allow ZOOM.

John is still catching up and due to meet Jordan for an update last Friday afternoon. I have asked John to let me know in advance if any particular topics or queries arise in the mean time and we can prepare info to address those items.

Hope the above is suitable.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Awaiting response re the format used for meeting Teams or Zoom

Time 10 am or 11 am Friday
Troggy

Post by Troggy »

Phoned John Monday but was out of office. Emailed him re using council Teams and suggested Friday.
Called him this morning re but he’s in meeting. Will try after lunch and update on arrangements.
Troggy

Post by Troggy »

John left office for day before I could speak. Left message I will call Thursday morning.
Troggy

Post by Troggy »

UPDATE- Phone Call with John. He has issued a Team email invitation to PT and PB for 10am on 21st.
Progress!

UPDATE 2
meeting postponed. Proposed 10am 25th.