SBC Car parks

Regions In Scotland
LizM

Re: SBC Car parks

Post by LizM »

There is already this route in the area south of Glasgow/Edinburgh and north of the border: South West Coastal Route 300

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/to ... -300-route

There is nothing in the Eastern part, except the Borders Historic Route which runs north/south from Edinburgh to Carlise

This is the Borders Area.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 14.15.21.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 14.15.21.png (736.34 KiB) Viewed 40591 times
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

Looks like there is room for a Borders tour so let’s go ahead with it. I am mulling over in my mind ways to Involve Cumbria and Northumberland that would criss cross the border or link up. I am hoping the idea of these might just catch the attention of all the relevant border authorities. But let’s start with a borders tour.
Biggarmac

Post by Biggarmac »

I am happy to take this on as I was brought up in the Borders and know most of the towns and attractions well. I am not too good with IT and may need help with that.
For those of you who know Jedburgh the photo is of the car park sign for the town centre car park. I would not recommend that one for motorhomes as it is very tight for space. The car park near the Abbey is the one normally used by motorhomes and wagons. If sending anything to SBC that sign would be likely to bring negative comments. I will ask a friend who lives in Jedburgh to take a photo of the sign in the Abbey car park.
Eddiey

Post by Eddiey »

There is plenty of people on here ready to help including myself so if you get stuck give me a shout.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Passed this place in September looks a good spot for an Aire,
https://borderseventscentre.co.uk/
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Looks a great place for an Aire, I'll certainly include that in the report.

I have now already prepared a draft report based on the same format as the Cumbrian Coastal and Northern Link Tours. Just waiting for input on the detailed itinerary overview, and comments back on the route map I posted, both of which would benefit from local input.
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Does anyone have a few good photos of the Borders along the Tour Route? Ideally ones showing motor homes, or good places for Aires?
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Steve wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:51 pm Passed this place in September looks a good spot for an Aire,
https://borderseventscentre.co.uk/
This is what they say...

<<Camping and Caravans
BEC welcomes caravans and campers and as such provides all the necessary facilities including hook-ups, waste disposal units and shower blocks
.>> What is not clear is whether this is open to the public to turn up and stay, or whether such stays only relate to events.
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Once the report is finished I'll send them a copy and ask about the scope of what access is available, and whether they will permit access to services.
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Meg knows the people there and will make contact. But could take a while as they’ve lost most of their staff.