Rutland
Northamptonshire
Lincolnshire
Madcaravanner

Re: Visit Derbyshire

Post by Madcaravanner »

After more emails to Derbyshire County Council I have this reply
Good Morning Mr Wilson

I apologies it is taking a little while to get a response to your initial email. I’m afraid the officer working on this matter and putting together a response for you has recently suffered a bereavement. Therefore I have moved this enquiry on to other colleagues. They are working on this and to provide you with a response. I hope you will bear with us and appreciate that this unexpected situation has cause a slight delay but the matter is in hand.

I am sure that you will be contacted should further information be required.
Note these came from --Laura Boyce -- who is according to her signature line -
PA to Leader of the Council | Members and Management Support Services | Organisation Development and Policy Division | Commissioning, Communities & Policy |
Derbyshire County Council | County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3AG |
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Krisryn

Post by Krisryn »

Reply to my email sent yesterday
Tim Gregory (Economy Transport and Environment)
08:25 (5 hours ago)
to me

Dear Mr Ryan

Thank you for your note. We are reviewing the provision of facilities but as ever it is the balance of the up front cost and the need for regular maintenance of the facilities versus the level of income that is the challenge.

This is proving to be problematic but we will continue to see if we can identify some sites.

Regards

Tim Gregory

Director | Economy, Transport, Environment | Derbyshire County Council

Tel 01629 580000 ext 38112 | 07812 475194

My reply

Dear Tim,

Thank you for reading my email and your prompt reply.

I am a member of Campra (Campaign For Real Aires UK) and we are finding that many County Councils are taking the lead with partner organisations such as District/Borough Councils and the relevant Tourist Organisation within their Counties to look again at the provision of Motorhome Parking/Aires, which to date is sadly lacking within the U.K.

We are a proactive organisation and are happy to answer any queries that the County/District/Borough Councils or Tourist Organisation may have. We firmly believe that the provision of Aires is win win, can be self financing and a benefit to the local economy where they are provided.

Best regards,

Chris

www.campra.org
Sandie Weeks

Post by Sandie Weeks »

I was considering sending a similar communication to Derbyshire Dales District Council (where I live). There are HUGE car parks in Matlock and Matlock Bath that prohibit overnight sleeping in vehicles. One has height barriers (Artists' Corner). It used to have toilets, but they have been closed for a couple of years due to budget constraints (so visitors caught short now use the surrounding bushes). The building is still there. The council dismissed an offer by local residents to operate it as a community-provided facility as they want to sell it. Given this attitude to provision of facilities for visitors, which department within the council do you think would be most open to an approach re: motorhome parking? Would it be better to approach clubs etc.? I know I sound defeatist, but.....
Sandie
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Sandie, you may bet more joy from clubs, football clubs, rugby clubs, outdoor bowls clubs if they have car parks.
Village halls, restaurants or anywhere were car parks may be empty overnight.
They can apply for a Motorcaravanners club exemption certificate for 5 vans.

https://campra.org.uk/download/village- ... ub-letter/

https://campra.org.uk/download/mcc-aire/
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Madcaravanner

Post by Madcaravanner »

Got a reply from Derbyshire County Council Countryside Services
yet another negative but instantly I have replied

This is their reply
Dear Gray

Thank you for your enquiry about the issue of motorhome stop off locations within Derbyshire. We have looked into this matter carefully as a Service and unfortunately, given the current Covid-19 pandemic and other demands that are impacting on our parks and other greenspaces at this time, we are not planning to make any changes in this regard this year, but will keep it under review for the future should opportunities arise.

Kind regards

Gemma

Gemma Gregory MCMA | Senior Project Officer (Countryside Asset Development)

Countryside Service | Economy, Transport and Environment | Derbyshire County Council

Stable Block | County Hall | Smedley Street | Matlock | DE4 3AG

Tel: 01629 539826 / 07876 478825

Email: gemma.gregory@derbyshire.gov.uk
So I have sent straight back

Hi Gemma
Thank you for your response, as a member of CAMpRA (www.campra.org.uk) may I suggest that Derbyshire County Council are missing out on a cash stream for the council and businesses across the county.
I invite you to visit our site and read the files we have that give assistance to other councils across the UK that we are assisting to set up motorhome parking areas (Aires) whether serviced or not.  I would be pleased to assist in any way I can, but you are missing a golden opportunity to raise cash and encourage increased tourism in the best county in England

I know DCC of old though family businesses and I am now set in for a long battle to make them think it's their good idea
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner
Madcaravanner

Post by Madcaravanner »

I have just sent an email again to Crich Tramway as the last only got a
Dear Graham Wilson.

Thank you for your enquiry. We'll get back to you as soon as possible!

The Crich Tramway Village Team

Here's a summary of your message:
this time I have sent a direct email to enquiry@tramway.co.uk
and also to manager@tramways.co.uk although there is no advertised email address it bounced so no address
Regards

Gray

The Madcaravanner