Bristol/Bath
Dorset
Somerset
Cornwall and Scilly Isles
Devon
Johannabeim

Colerne rugby club update

Post by Johannabeim »

Today I had a conversation with David Stirling chairman of Colerne rugby club. He sent me a very positive reply to my email. As a result I had a long conversation with Steve .He gave me all the information David needs to hopefully take a step forward to establishing some form of Motorhome facilities
Here is the email I sent to David giving him information he may need. Keep your fingers crossed.
Dear David
I really enjoyed our conversation today. I will try to keep all the information precise.
Web site .CAMpRA.org.uk
All the following information is in that site under document library or resources.
motor caravan club exemption certificate form to down load. This entails a small fee per year. I believe it is £25.
Motor caravan club will b
Give you Certified Location status under the umbrella of the club. This will allow 5 Motorhome/ camper van units. I believe you set the fee. They will also give advice on booking and method of payment. This does not restrict you to club members only like the other two main sites. Non members are allowed.
Application form is on the CAMpRA site under library

I have to admit he is best explaining this as he knows this in and out. The campaign group are working with several councils on this including Cotswold and Wiltshire I believe.
Steve and others have been regular contributors on the BBC. This is in response to the concerns that this year people will be taking staycations. both the Motorhome and Caravan Club and the Camping and Caravan club have reported their campsites and Certified Locations are fully booked for this coming year as soon as lockdown is lifted.
CAMpRA is now being called on to help find a working solution to this challenge with local authorities and national organisations.
There are two documents on the web site which Steve feels will be very useful for you.
The Staycation Emergency Recovery Plan.
Sports Club and Village Hall letter
These are in the resources section.
I will stop now. I highly recommend you have a chat with Steve. I am also on the end of the phone.
Best wishes
Jo
Steve

Re: Colerne rugby club update

Post by Steve »

Jo have you had any feedback ? They were very keen but not heard anything for a while.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team