National Trust for Scotland

Regions In Scotland
LizM

National Trust for Scotland

Post by LizM »

I tried to post something on the NTS Facebook page - similar to what Mark Edgecombe posted on the National Trust Facebook page, asking them to open up their car parks for overnight parking. The post I tried to put upon "magically disappeared". So I have emailed them instead:

Hi NTS

National Trust for Scotland land is owned for the benefit and enjoyment of the people.

You have empty car parks, automated ticket machines and so why not let the motorhomes stay? We are talking about PARKING NOT CAMPING for self contained motorhomes or camper vans. We are talking about OVERNIGHT PARKING IN SELF CONTAINED MOTORHOMES AND CAMPERVANS. No external objects, no caravans, no cars, no tents. Just drive up and park as we do when visiting during the day and go to sleep in the vehicle.
I realise that many of the National Trust for Scotland sites would not be suitable due to location and potential security issues but quite a few of your sites would be perfect.

A survey was carried out buy CAMpRA (Campaign for Real Aires) using its Facebook group and 6000 members (they now have nearly 16,000 members) to find our what people thought about being able to park overnight in National Trust car parks:

(attached: CAMpRA Survey NT.jpg)

Surely after the impact of Covid, you would be keen to find new ways to generate income? Look at the additional income your car parks could be generating for you, with no outlay!

I know it’s not easy to implement a change of policy overnight, but it would be great if you would consider allowing overnight parking in some of your car parks, at least on a trial basis for 2021. Forest and Land Scotland did that in some of their car parks last summer and are continuing with the scheme this year.

If you need further information or advice, the leadership of CAMpRA would be glad to help.

For more information: www.CAMpRA.org.uk and on Facebook at https://facebook.com/groups/campra.uk

Reply to me or email: steve@campra.org.uk

(attached: Long Wynd report)
potty

Re: National Trust for Scotland

Post by potty »

Did you get a reply from them?
LizM

Re: National Trust for Scotland

Post by LizM »

No! No surprise there. Hopefully when National Trust open up some of their car parks, NTS will wake up to the idea. Also, if more people email NTS asking them to open up their car parks, that would help.