Golspie Proposed Aire

Regions In Scotland
AndyC

Re: Golspie Proposed Aire

Post by AndyC »

I've had this today.

Dear Andy

It’s with great thanks to the Community Council and the Golspie community for welcoming us here to develop our ideas into fruition. We read all the great work you do as an organisation and support your campaign for the development of aires across the UK. When researching for documents to support our planning application we referred to CAMpRA’ s campaigns several times in our submission, very helpful.

We opened Camping@Golspie very tentatively at the end of August 21 with all the services apart from electric. We are 100% sure we’ll be ‘energised’ by the end of today. We are now offering bookings with Pitch Up and working with Anytime Booking to create our own booking system. Our “Walk- Ins” are probably our main business as we are located just off the A9 on the NC500. We are in a prime position just as you enter Golspie or as you leave depending on which way you are travelling. Work to develop a website has just started and domain sites have been purchased.

We have on site 16 hard standings and for now two late arrival pitches which is allocated for further development for a facilities block. But for now, we have an office, accessible toilet, fresh water, grey and chemical disposal. We have a barrier system to keep the site and clients safe.

Our current client base has given us some great feedback and we’re listening to perhaps making some small changes to existing arrangements and to our proposed development.

Since opening, we have welcomed many campervans on site, we’ve had folks sleeping in their cars, roof box tents and even a tent, so I suppose anything goes!

My email can send only a limited amount of pictures per email so I’ll try 5 for now and if you would like to see more please let me know. I can also be contacted on 07810187162. If you have a section whereby we could advertise please can you let us know as we would be very grateful for any exposure.

Kind Regards

Ann Edwards
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Well got a response from Golspie Community Council who tell me this is a private enterprise and referred me to PitchUp. Caravans are allowed. Not clear if waste/water facilities are available to non residents. Maybe someone local, or passing could check it out or Andy?
Steve

Post by Steve »

As I thought, a welcome facility but its a campsite not an Aire
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team