Golspie Proposed Aire

Regions In Scotland
Biggarmac

Golspie Proposed Aire

Post by Biggarmac »

Campervan and motorhome site plan for Golspie Business Park
A COUPLE’S plan to set up a campervan and motorhome site at Golspie’s business park is “progressing nicely”, Golspie Community Council has been told.

Colin and Anne Edwards hope to install 15 stands for motorhomes and campervans along with a waste disposal facility in an undeveloped area of the business park owned by Highland Council.

East Sutherland and Edderton ward councillor Richard Gale told the community council at its Zoom meeting last week: “If all goes to plan, they should get that up and running in time for summer, which is excellent news. The plans look excellent to me, very simple and straighforward.”

He added: “They have persevered where a lot of people would have given up. They are experienced guys and have got another site elsewhere and do understand these things.

“If it goes ahead it will make a big difference to Golspie and alleviate a lot of the problems we have had with campervans.”

https://www.northern-times.co.uk/news/c ... FOhM-deS3A
LizM

Re: Golspie Proposed Aire

Post by LizM »

The news article says the couple setting this up have another site. It would be good to know about that too!
Keithhep

Post by Keithhep »

There is also another site set up by Golspie Community council at Highland Wildcat Bike Trails
Rhives Car Park which is just inland from the town. Two chemical toilets with hand-washing facilities have been temporarily installed at the Rhives location and cleaning agents provided, say the community council.
These facilities are being provided free of charge.
Keith
Steve

Post by Steve »

Keith is this motorcaravans only?
If it is is it another new Aire?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Keithhep

Re: Golspie Aire

Post by Keithhep »

It is Rhives car park for the bike trails, I got this off the Internet.

New Golspie site for motorhomes to park up overnight www.inverness-courier.co.uk › news › site-provided-at-...
12 Aug 2020 — Golspie Community Council has announced that an area has been made available for motor home and campervan users at Rhives car park. The move is in a bid to provide much-needed facilities after an influx into the county of campers, campervans and motorhomes.

Golspie Community Council has announced that an area has been made available for motor home and campervans at Rhives car park
Two chemical toilets with hand-washing facilities have been temporarily installed at the Rhives location and cleaning agents provided, say the community council.
These facilities are being provided free of charge.
Pay and display is £3 flat fee.
Keith
GolspieWildcat Trails
GolspieWildcat Trails
Golspie Wildcat Trails.png (1007.66 KiB) Viewed 4923 times
https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=40004
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have a question, do motorhomes need chemical toilets installed at a site, or is it just a recepticle for cassette empying?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Nick, an Aire does not need toilets, I suspect the toilets are for the cyclist.

1) Waste and water points no parking (Service point)
2) Overnight parking and sleeping for self contained motorcaravan no facilities (Aire)
3) Overnight parking and sleeping for self contained motorcaravan with waste and water (Aire)

We do not recommend ehu
Toilets and showers are not on an Aire
Aires max stay normally 48 hours
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Looks like its now open. £20 ..........

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500" width="500" height="543" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>
Steve

Post by Steve »

They link to pitch up says the site is for caravans and motorhomes, if so this is not an Aire?
So do they allow caravans or is it pitch up that does not know the difference?
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Steve wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:35 pm They link to pitch up says the site is for caravans and motorhomes, if so this is not an Aire?
So do they allow caravans or is it pitch up that does not know the difference?
I agree its not an Aire. I suspect caravans are permitted. I'll see if I can find out if they permit servicing at a fee.