Pendine Motorhome park

Regions in Wales
Europa

Pendine Motorhome park

Post by Europa »

I spent some time today looking for some update on this project. Further to some input from another member I found the following extract from a recent Community Council meeting.

Motorhome Project
The Council at its meeting on 9th October 2020, agreed to further consider the costing analysis [minute 9 refers]. Council members met informally on Friday, 8th January 2021 to consider and analyse the explorative finance projections in relation to the potential revenue income from the site. In addition, discussions ensued in relation to the future management of the site and the provision of security. Council members felt strongly that the provision of CCTV was a necessity and quotes would be obtained for consideration.
Whilst the grant funding covered the capital aspect of the project the provision of a booking system was the responsibility of the Council. It was therefore considered important that a booking system would need to be as automated as possible and demos into such systems would be arranged in due course.
In light of the in-depth discussions at the informal meeting, the Council agreed to apply charges which would reflect an upmarket site, introducing costs on a nightly basis reflecting Low, Medium and High periods/weeks.
UNANIMOUSLY RESOLVED to apply the following charges to the motorhome site:
Low £20 per night Medium £30 per night High £40 per night

On the original article for this project describes the park as having 10 motorhomes spaces with basic amenities. Reading these minutes it would be apparent that they have no idea about the setting up of an Aire, despite my having sent them info In the past. I intend to email the County Councillor who is mentioned in these minutes, having found her name on the County Council,website.

A charge of £40 per night is not realistic, especially for Pendine, which is a small community with a very large static site and good beach.

I will suggest that they look at the CAMpRA site for information and get back to me if they require more detail.

The Community Council's Facebook page was also promoting the Susan Callman TV programme of campervan adventures , as she visited Pendine on her trip to Wales.
Europa

Re: Pendine Motorhome park

Post by Europa »

I have just emailed the County Councillor who attended the recent meeting ot the Community Council outlining the work of CAMpRA and offering our support with reference to their recent meeting . Will update, if and when I get a reply.
Europa

Post by Europa »

I have had a positive reply from the County Councillor who represents Pendine.

She is going to forward details of CAMpRA to the Community Council , and felt it could be quite useful.

I have replied to her with details of the Fire Safety report and pitch size information which could be of particular use.
Europa

Post by Europa »

I have attached 2 images taken by a local motorhome owner and posted on another group. I have messaged him re keeping in touch with progress.
Work is currently at a standstill owing tomthe current lockdown situation.
Europa

Post by Europa »

Email received this week regarding the facility at Pendine.

Good Morning Bethan,

I'm afraid I don't yet know when the motorhome park will be completed and we've not agreed on a pricing structure yet.

Hopefully all these issues will be resolved soon.

Please keep an eye on our website for more information.

Best wishes

Alison Moody
Clerk to Pendine Community Council
Europa

Post by Europa »

The latest on Pendine is that the museum building has lost its roof in recent storms, and its back to the drawing board. ( info from daughter who was working with a contractor) . Also community council agenda and minutes don't show any progress.
Europa

Latest press release from Carmarthenshire CC.

Post by Europa »

https://www.carmarthenshire.gov.wales/h ... DN_iFlkSSA

The article specifically refers to the motorhome park as an Aire, stating it will be opening this summer. I will email them for more details re charges etc.
Europa

Post by Europa »

Messaged Comunity Council and had reply yesterday to say site still under construction. Not opening in 2021.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Anyone have any updates on this?
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

I've recently been in touch with the Clerk to the Community Council.

She says: "Unfortunately, there is an issue with MOD that is preventing us from opening our motorhome park at the moment.
As soon as this is resolved I will let you know."

I think the land is owned by the MOD and subject to a lease agreement with the Community Council.

I see from the latest Council Minutes that there was to be a site inspection, with final list of outstanding defects compiled by 1st March.