Pembrokeshire

Regions in Wales
Marrio

Pembrokeshire

Post by Marrio »

Is there anyone here who lives in Pembrokeshire ?
I live in Pembroke & have met with my local councillor, he was sympathetic & said he would take it forward but so far I have not received any positive feedback.
Through a family member who has contact with community councils, I have interest from 2 possible sites. In the new year I will contact both of them & try to make an application for an aire through the motorcarravanners club.
Steve

Re: Pembrokeshire

Post by Steve »

Mario, we have a South Wales campaign group if you would like to join?
The campaign groups are only visible to members of the group and the leadership team.
The groups allow members in an area to coordinate activities within their regions.
It does not mean all campra members cannot make contacts in the area but allows the local group members to discuss campaign issues separately.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Marrio

Post by Marrio »

Interested, how do I join ?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Morning Mario, you should now be able to see the South Wales Campaign
Steve

Post by Steve »

Is it time to send these letters to our councils in South Wales ?
https://campra.org.uk/download/are-you- ... taycation/
Steve

Post by Steve »

New organisation Visit Pembrokeshire supplied to me from another group

the website is https://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/contact-us

There is a place for trade enquiries suggest you direct it there . There is a new ceo but can’t find her name , but there is loads of Pcc and Pembrokeshire coast path car parks which could be adapted used with a bit of imagination and consideration to the idea . But would need for MH community to be respectful and leave area as they find it . Not as we have experienced in the last few years some diabolical behaviour.

Does anyone fancy following this up?
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Believe me Steve, if I were in Pembrokeshire I would be banging on the doors of businesses wearing my T shirt "I shop where I stop", driving home the message that the £30/40 we usually spend when staying overnight locally is lost, without some facilities to attract me there.

I've done this as a member of Britstops. If we stop for a coffee, lunch, farm shop, I've often raised the opportunity for mohos to stop over. So far nobody has taken up my suggestion - my selling skills have depleted in retirement - but I keep plugging away.

One of my FB friends is a local Councillor. Another is a retired tourism boss. I bend their ears regularly but it seems the wheels of local government up here grind mighty slow, though there is more movement than south of the border.
Europa

Post by Europa »

Arthur,
If you look,through the Pembrokeshire posts you will,see that I have contacted a couple of businesses with potential, to no avail. I've come to the conclusion that one of their issues is that they don't need to try hard to get tourists in to the area.So many holiday homes , and pre Covid crowd pulling events such as Iron-man Wales. Once the hoards head back to Spain next year they may think differently.
Steve

Post by Steve »

They will have very few visitors once the schools go back and Autumn sets in, maybe then they will be looking for more visitors
Europa

Post by Europa »

Tenby, will have had 2 major events. Iron-man Wales and the Longcourse weekend cancelled again by the Autumn and will be looking to boost income.