Gwynedd

Regions in Wales
Steve

Gwynedd

Post by Steve »

Just to let you know we are talking to Gwynedd council and tourism.
Very positive at the moment so if you know of any potential locations please contact them.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Wajcn50

Re: Gwynedd

Post by Wajcn50 »

Have completed Aire survey and emailed council with suggested sites. Positive response from them and they said that suggested sites were on their radar. I suggested Caernarfon (by Morrisons), beach road in Bangor and by the lake in Llanberis. What3words addresses below:

///vouch.wash.gain - Caernarfon

///price.meanwhile.proud or ///guitar.dancer.dreaming - Bangor

Llanberis - lots of possibilities but these are two: ///perfumes.shampoo.guru and ///unpacked.whirlpool.sliding
Willis

Post by Willis »

I was thinking the car park by Porthmadog railway station. Who do we send suggestions to?
Steve

Post by Steve »

alunfonwilliams@gwynedd.llyw.cymru
Mention you are a member of CAMpRA
TVo

Post by TVo »

Pwllheli. North Quay is already extensively used by m/h... also be lorries and others. Currently free. One or two other spots within the town but North Quay would be the easiest to formally adapt.
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

I've just come over to the forum from the CAMpRA FB page as I don't understand the negativity there.

If I were Welsh I'd complete the survey, not just as a Gwynedd resident! But I couldn't justify it being from Scotland .........

Sure Councils can be slow and indecisive but give them a chance. Gwynedd are clearly open to persuasion.

Highland Council up here in Bonnie Scotland are setting an example. It would be great if progress was faster, and throughout Scotland, but its a vast improvement on where we are compared to last year.

And thank you Steve and the Management Team for all you (continue) to do. I don't know how you cope with the negativity .....
Steve

Post by Steve »

Unfortunately it’s social media thats why we limit chat, it is frustrating if every one of our 24,000 members found 1 site we would have 24,000 Aires.
But when we cannot even get them to log onto a consultation and tick like to support a suggest for an Aire you have to wonder how many are really interested.

But as you say great progress in Scotland and there is a huge amount of positive activity taking place in the background confidentially which is really exciting with massive potential.

Just wish admin did not have to spend so much time deleting comments.