Oxfordshire
Surrey
West Sussex
Hampshire
Isle of Wight
Krisryn

Hampshire County Council

Post by Krisryn »

Interesting reply received from Chris Bowry. He replied the same day and can be contacted on: chris.bowry@hants.gov.uk

Dear Chris,

Thank you for showing an interest in our county.

Hampshire welcomes all visitors, providing great things to see and do, as well as offering all manner of accommodation.

At present I’ve not seen strong demand for Aires in Hampshire. Many of our visitors enjoy staying in our camping, glamping and caravan sites. These private sector businesses are customer centric and if they see an opportunity in the market will undoubtedly evolve their offering.

It is interesting that Canterbury Council have looked into this option. Many of the carparks within Hampshire are owned and managed at City, District and Borough Council level. You may wish to get in contact with them directly too.

I will be sure to keep a keen eye on developments and demand for Aires in the UK.

Kind regards

Chris

Chris Bowry
Senior Tourism Marketing Officer
Economy, Transport and Environment
CShel

Re: Hampshire County Council

Post by CShel »

I, too, received a response.

Dear Charles,

Thank you for your email.

I’m afraid, as you’ve probably identified, we don’t currently list motorhome parking provision on our Visit Hampshire or county council websites.

A Google search does bring up a number of websites that list where you may be able to overnight, however, I appreciate that some of the information may be incorrect/out of date.

I appreciate that ownership of motorhomes is rapidly increasing in the UK and it was a subject raised on a recent call with the national tourist boards. It may well be a matter that we need to explore both nationally and locally as we emerge from lockdown.

Within Hampshire the majority of the car parks are owned and managed by city, district and borough councils, I would recommend sharing this information with the respective councils as they will ultimately be the decision makers regarding car parks and will be able to assess the viability.

I hope you do visit Hampshire in the near future.

Kind regards
Chris Bowry