Cumbria
Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
PeteP

Leyland and Chorley

Post by PeteP »

reply from South Ribble to an email enquiring about motorhome parking.....

Thank you for your email.

However, this matter would need to be dealt with by Lancashire County Council Highways department, their contact telephone number is 0300 123 6780 and they will be able to advise accordingly

Kind regards,

South Ribble Gateway
PeteP

Re: Leyland and Chorley

Post by PeteP »

So I wrote to Lancashire CC and got this.....
.... Going round in circles!

"Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent email.

With regard to parking on a car park in either South Ribble or Chorley you would need to speak to them directly as they still advise on their usage whilst we undertake any enforcement action. For on street parking you would need to adhere to any regulations that are in force in any parking bay, i.e limited waiting, permit parking only etc.

Regarding overnight parking there is no specific provision as long as it isn’t in contravention of any applicable restrictions as to where it is parked, unless it’s a car park which would need to be raised with the council concerned.

I hope that helps, please don’t hesitate to get in touch should you require any further information.

Regards,

LPS MR

Technical Support Officer"
PeteP

Re: Leyland and Chorley

Post by PeteP »

A reply from a local councillor

Dear Mr Pillinger

Thank you for your very interesting email.

The Government require all councils to develop an item called a Local Plan, this sets out where everything goes within the Borough, housing estates, retail, commercial etc.

South Ribble are in partnership with both Preston and Chorley Councils to develop a Central Lancashire Local Plan and I have asked officers to include Motorhome Parking as a consideration.

I Chair the Local Plan Working Group, so know this will happen with the added bonus of Preston and Chorley considering the same too. We might not be able to do anything in the area’s you have suggested as we have just won £25m to invest in the Leyland Town deal project so plans are already in place for the Hough Lane area, but I’m sure we can look at other opportunities.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to me

Regards