Cumbria
Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
Steve

Re: Barrow in Furness

Post by Steve »

Hopefully the journalist has it wrong when he says Caravans and means motorcaravans.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Winks

Post by Winks »

In view of the growth of the disposal point fund I have sent following to Sandra Baines at Barrow Council.

Good Afternoon Sandra

As you know I am interested in the development of facilities for touring motorhomes in the borough.

CAMpRA have now set up a donation page to assist charities and clubs etc. with installing grey and black waste facilities and as of this morning that fund stands at over £10,000. If you are in contact with any local clubs etc. which may be looking to set up waste points I’d be obliged if you could point them in the direction of the CAMpRA website https://campra.org.uk where loads of information and case studies can be found.

The cost for purchase of the disposal units for both black and grey waste are, I think, quite reasonable and may be of interest both to clubs and local authorities. Here’s a link for a well established manufacturer of these units with illustration of costs. https://www.chemicaldisposalpoint.co.uk.

Since my last contact I have spoken to several visitors who have used the overnight stops and have been impressed with where we live, generally expressing surprise at what they have found and saying they’ll be returning at some time. The most recent was a couple from Morecambe who used the park up at Biggar Bank, had breakfast at the Roundhouse and I met them on a visit to South End Nature Reserve. Some folk I’ve spoken to just dropped by whilst visiting the Lake District and overnighted on Walney and couldn’t believe how quiet the beaches were. So we are beginning to be noticed.

As ever, if I can be of any help with these matters, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Regards

Harold Windle
arthur49

Post by arthur49 »

Great letter .... :)
Grey Wanderer

Post by Grey Wanderer »

Hi Winks

I've sent you a PM, look at Private Messages at top of Forum page.