National Trust

This is a place to post on organisations that cover all of the UK.
Jmick

Re: National Trust

Post by Jmick »

Went to Aira Force in Ullswater last weekend in February 2023. We spoke to a member of staff about staying the night in our motorhome (£10 charge). He said to 'make the most of it' as the permission ends on 1st March 2023. He didn't say if they would be considering recommencing at any point in the future. What a shame.

**NB: the PayByPhone app has already removed the Aira Force overnight Code from the app. **
Steve

Post by Steve »

It was ine of 3 trial sites to allow NT to evaluate them.
Lets hope that they extend it to other sites but best thing to do is for members to email thr trust thanking them for the trial and asking if they can please trial mores sites
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Jmick

Post by Jmick »

(Have already sent an email enquiring re possibility of extending the permission, also thanking them for the opportunity of overnighting there 🙂).
Jmick

Post by Jmick »

Received an email reply back from National Trust today (2nd April 2023). This was in response to my email enquiry re their scheme & my thanks for letting us stay overnight - saying what a fantastic facility it was etc (we stayed at their Aira Force site in late February 2023 & had been informed the scheme ended that weekend). They have stated in their email reply that National Trust has now stopped all overnight campervan/motorhome stays in all NT car parks (they even redirected me via a hyperlink to Campsites.Co.UK 😕).
Think that's the end of that then. Shame.