National Trust

This is a place to post on organisations that cover all of the UK.
Steve

National Trust

Post by Steve »

Post be Mark Edgecombe:

SUCCESS! the National Trust have recognised the opportunity, and are going to work with our community to make "Stopovers" happen 😁👍

Well done to everyone who wrote to them and supported the campaign.

Below is a statement the National Trust asked me to share.

We already welcome campervans and motorhomes at some of the places in our care. However, it’s clear from the incredible response in recent weeks that we need to do more to support overnight stays in our car parks at National Trust places, where we can.

Therefore, we’re working up a plan to allow campervan and motorhome users to stay overnight at more of our places. We’ve been trialling this in the Lake District this year and we’re now considering how we roll this out across selected locations next year.

the best place to add your voice is here .. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3533633585
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Anjistar

Re: National Trust

Post by Anjistar »

Excellent news!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Tracy’s post on NT recruitment page:

Stopover Membership? Come on National Trust What is happening? Only a few weeks to go until all the campervans and motorhomes hit the road and no news from you! Last year over 7,600 people engaged with you on your facebook page asking for overnight parking, it was the largest engagement of any NT facebook posts EVER, surely you are not going to ignore all those people?
So come on what is happening with stopover membership, do I renew my membership or not?

Original post .. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3533633585

Reply to Tracy on NT Facebook page:

Response to Stephen Peacock:

Response from National Trust today. We must be wearing them down!

Hi Stephen, we’re working on plans to enable more overnight stays for campervans and motorhomes in selected locations. We hope to provide an update on this soon.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Hi
This just back from N-T

National Trust
Pete Hewson
Hi Pete, we’re working on plans to enable more overnight stays for campervans and motorhomes in selected locations. We hope to provide an update on this soon.

Pete
Steve

National Trust survey

Post by Steve »

Please help us to progress the provision of overnight parking at the National Trust.
CAMpRA are working with the NationalTrust who are looking into providing overnight parking at some of their sites.
In order to encourage them to move this forward we are asking all motorcaravan owners to complete this short survey please?
We will use the data collected to provide the National Trust and English Heritage with accurate data on the potential benefits of allowing overnight parking.
This is your chance to have your say ✍️✍️

PLEASE SHARE THE LINK WITH OTHER MOTORCARAVAN SITES.

https://campra.org.uk/survey/index.php? ... 63&lang=en
Steve

Trial Site

Post by Steve »

I know the National Trust have been approached by members about staying in their car parks overnight so I thought people may be interested to know that they are running a pilot scheme in the Aira Force (Lake District) carpark. It is £10 per night. At the moment there is no subsidy for members but I was informed by the really helpful staff that they are considering doing so. We were welcomed and they are keen for the scheme to carry on if it proves popular and is not abused.
The toilets are available overnight.
Steve

National Trust Survey

Post by Steve »

We have forwarded the summary results of our NT survey to the Trust, we had a very prompt reply from the Director who we are engaging with and hw will be studying the results.
CAMpRA leadership have offered our support to assist the Trust in moving forward with providing provision for motorcaravans to stay overnight on suitable sites.
We will update our membership once we are given consent from the Trust.
NT Survey Summary.pdf
(618.96 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
CShel

Post by CShel »

It’s time to plan tours for 2022, and I’m sure many are thinking about joining the National Trust (£120 for joint membership), so I wonder what the situation is now, Mark Edgecombe?

Here is a post I’ve just seen on FB’s Motorhome Madness group page, showing fees for visiting a NT property, with higher charges for motorhomes than cars for parking, but that it is free for NT members

[img]
0AE3DF3C-87AF-43F4-9E41-8C7D8FE19F43.jpeg
Is the NT now beyond testing sites for motorhomes and campervans in certain areas, and have a special welcome for us all, or is NT still not decided what it’s doing? Is it too soon for thousands of us to apply?

Should we wait until CAMpRA can say to NT that once a plan is confirmed, the campaign group will recommend joining?
Steve

Post by Steve »

If its £11 and overnight allowed it good, if they are just charging more for daytime parking they have totally missed the message and it will drive people away?

To me it sends the message “motorcaravans tolerated but not really wanted”
Madwitch

Post by Madwitch »

CShel wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:07 pm
Should we wait until CAMpRA can say to NT that once a plan is confirmed, the campaign group will recommend joining?
WE have belonged to the Scottish Naitonal Trust for several years - current membership is £84 per year joint membership. And we get access to all the NT England properties and car parks too. So sorry, but I won't be rejoining the English NT