English Heritage

This is a place to post on organisations that cover all of the UK.
Bee_roll_mandy

Re: English Heritage

Post by Bee_roll_mandy »

I've just emailed EH too - received the automated "we'll get back to you in 10 days" email.

Hopefully they'll email one of us back with something :D I know a lot of the sites operate a "You shouldn't but you can" policy but it would be fantastic to be able to rely on a list of locations instead of a cheeky parking attendant.. ;)
PatsyE1956

Post by PatsyE1956 »

I sent individual emails to all Northamptonshire EH sites, stating CAMPrRA aims and mentioning NT. Only received one reply stating that EH did not allow 'overnight parking'
Steve

Post by Steve »

Received my standard reply as a member that they do not allow overnight parking so I have now replied and mentioned CAMpRA.

On 6 May 2021, at 10:47, CISCUSTOMER@english-heritage.org.uk> wrote:

Good morning Steve,

Thank you for your email

At the current time English Heritage have no plans to introduce overnight stays at our car parks for Motor Homes or Caravans etc.

I know you will find this disappointing, please be assured English Heritage review their decision will be announced.

Kind regards,

Leanne Egan | Customer Service Adviser

English Heritage,
The Engine House, Firefly Avenue
Swindon SN2 2EH
Tel: 0370 333 1181

www.english-heritage.org.uk
www.facebook.com/englishheritage
www.twitter.com/EnglishHeritage

Thanks you for replying, this is something that is being considered by many tourist bodies across the UK and The National Trust have recognised the financial benefits of increasing footfall and attracting new members but allowing overnight patking at suitable locations .
Like many of the 386,000 UK motorcaravan owners we have seen the system operating for many years in mainland Europe and fail to understand why this revenue stream estimated at over £1billion per year is not embraced in the UK.
I am a member of Campra.org.uk could up you please ask marketing and membership to take a few moments to look at our business hub and especially our motorcaravan tourism strategy document.
I would welcome an opportunity to discuss this with a member if the team?
A recent post on NT group had over 8,000 responses from people who would join if they allowed membership.
We now have a following in excess of 600,000 motorcaravan owners many who would support EH tomorrow if they accepted us that is a considerable amount of revenue to support EH and secure jobs.
If you want confirmation just start a poll on your Facebook group and you will be overwhelmed by the support

https://campra.org.uk/business-hub/

Regards
Steve Haywood
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
ManTheVan

Post by ManTheVan »

I have just received a reply to the email I sent a few weeks ago. It appears to be a stock standard corporate response, I'm afraid:

Thank you for your email.

We don’t allow motorhomes to park overnight in our car parks. We don’t currently have plans to introduce this, but we’re grateful to you for suggesting it. I have passed your idea on to the relevant team.

We do hope this won’t deter you from joining again and that we’ll see you at our sites soon.

I think the appropriate phrase is "Don't hold your breath, folks!" :shock:
Traceybarkwill

Post by Traceybarkwill »

Thank you for your email, although please accept our apologies for the lateness of this reply, we are currently experiencing a high volume of requests and enquiries.

The majority of our sites that have on-site parking lock up when the sites close at the end of the day. This means we are not able allow vehicles to remain on our sites overnight due to the sensitive nature of our properties.

We look forward to welcoming you to our sites soon.

Kind regards

Clare | Customer Service Advisor

English Heritage,

The Engine House,Firefly Avenue,

Swindon SN2 2EH

Tel: 0370 333 1181

www.english-heritage.org.uk

www.facebook.com/englishheritage

www.twitter.com/englishHeritage

Can we convince them that we can improve security? Or can we supply a list or those sites that have parking outside the gates?
ManTheVan

Post by ManTheVan »

Well, that's a new one! I've been to many EH sites that don't have a car park gate. At least they're not giving standard answers, but the replies don't really indicate the willingness to think outside the box. I hope Steve's response might stimulate some thought, but it seems that our emails are going to 'customer service' personnel and not the leadership.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I agree hence n
My request to pass it on good to hear they are getting a lot of responses maybe we should should generate a few more?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Had a satisfaction survey from EH to comment of customer support.
Filled it in and commented about getting a standard reply and unable to get this vital information worth £millions to EH to the decision makers.
Added details in comments.