Cumbria
Cheshire
Greater Manchester
Lancashire
Merseyside
izzy

Info sent to the following businesses, venues etc

Post by izzy »

After liaising with (Grey Wanderer) Ian I have sent emails with documents during March to the following -
Land Rover Experience Skipton N Yorks - No reply to date
Raven Tree Top Adventure Skipton - Reply - The car park is council owned. (Craven)
Keelham Farm Shop - Reply - Would like to help but car park is small and deliveries made through the night.
Samuel Taylor's Embsay Mills - No reply to date
Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway - Reply - Are interested and I referred him to Management Team
Dalesway Cafe Skipton - This is a mobile parked in a layby on A59
Skipton Golf Club - No reply
High Corn Mill - No reply
Stump Cross Caverns - Already allow M/H overnight parking £5 per night.
Gargrave Village Hall - No reply
Settle Cricket Club - No reply Brockhole Visitor Centre - No reply
Helwith Bridge Fly Fishing - No reply The Rheged Centre Penrith - No reply
Country Harvest Shop Ingleton - No reply
Ingleton Parish Council - No reply
Winderwath Gardens Temple Sowerby - Reply Not interested
Melmerby Village Hall - No reply
The Pot Place Plumpton Penrith - No Reply
South Tyndale Railway Alston - No reply
Brougham Hall - No reply
Llama Karma Kafe Penrith - No reply
Hutton in the Forest Hall Penrith - No reply
Kennedys Chocolates Penrith - No reply Although the response has been disappointing need to take into account that the majority of these places were closed. As lockdown is eased possibly more will get in touch ? I will resend the emails. Ever hopeful ! I did identify many more places which had no e mail address.

I looked at churches along the West Coast Cumbria Tour route on Google maps to identify whether any had reasonable sized car parks but again only identified a couple - Waberthwaite, St Bees Priory Church and Kendal Parish Church - the car park is run by a private company on behalf of the council. I have had no reply from the the first two.

Ian had sent emails to many venues on the West Coast Cumbria Tour and I re emailed several of them but no replies received to date.

From Isobel & Ral Pritchard
Steve

Re: Info sent to the following businesses, venues etc

Post by Steve »

Well done Izzy, we need local members to do visits and leaflet drops once they are open.
A good point for Churches is the improved security when they allow overnight parking, it deters vandals and criminals.
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team
Triassic

Post by Triassic »

I’ve just signed up for a number of Farmers Facebook pages with the intention of suggesting that anyone interested in setting up as Aire as part of a farm diversification scheme contact Campra. Can anyone suggest a short punchy bit of text to get readers interested?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Year round income stream available by simply allowing motorcaravans to park overnight.
These are not campsites and can be a simple parking spot available to some of our 386,000 UK motorcaravans who tour all year.
You can have an exemption certificate for a 5 van site at no cost to you in as little as 6 weeks.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Triassic wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:59 pm I’ve just signed up for a number of Farmers Facebook pages with the intention of suggesting that anyone interested in setting up as Aire as part of a farm diversification scheme contact Campra. Can anyone suggest a short punchy bit of text to get readers interested?
What about posting this from our Facebook group?

If you have a piece of land or space in a car park to allow up to 5 motorcaravans to park overnight, you can apply for a license to operate as an Aire without the need to contact planning 👍👍

1) Fill in the online MotorhomeFun application form (link below and in our library) and thats it 👍👍. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/a ... plication/

2) CAMpRA will do the rest. Its completely free and zero risk.

3) A member of our application management team will contact you to confirm the area allocated for the Aire and explain the process.

4) We will arrange a site inspection.

5) We contact planning and inform them that MotorhomeFun intend to issue an exemption certificate to allow you to operate as a 5 motorcaravan site as a “permitted development”. This DOES NOT require planning approval or for you to contact planning.

6) A certificate is issued and you open your Aire.

7) CAMpRA support you to get started and to promote your site with CAMpRA, Searchforsites and UKmotorhomes.net