East Anglia
Bedfordshire
Cambridgeshire
Hertfordshire
Essex
PeterB

St Albans City, BID team.

Post by PeterB »

Picked this up again today, June 14th, started last year then trail went cold. Time to revisit with St Albans BID team and see if can get some traction.
=============================

Sent: 14 June 2022 12:39
To: denise.parsons@stalbansbid.com; Vanessa Sharp <vanessa.sharp@stalbansbid.com>
Subject: FW: St Albans - Motorhome parking follow-up to our meeting

Hello Denise, Vanessa,

I trust you are both well and Covid fast fading into memory even though its not completely gone away.

Time has flown and I know you were both busy on the run up to Christmas, renewal of BID etc, etc. I wanted to take a moment to catch up with regards the proposition last year of St Albans providing a small number, maybe five, of allocated motorhome (not caravan) parking places in the area, potentially Westminster lodge car park, similar to those in France known as Aires.

I strongly believe, and data indicates, UK tourism, staycations are increasing. St Albans is missing out on this growing opportunity as it is well understood the motorhome owners are mainly retired with good levels of disposable income to spend in local restaurants, shops and bars.

Could I encourage you revisit this topic.

There is a not for profit campaign organisation setup in the UK promoting, assisting companies and local authorities to deliver such parking spaces. Below is the web address for Campra; Campaign for real Aires. If you could find time to take a look at that and then get back to me I can help put you in touch with those at Campra who can address any questions.

https://campra.org.uk/business-hub/

Regards
Peter
Steve

Re: St Albans City, BID team.

Post by Steve »

Well done Peter 👍
Have they had our briefing document and the link to the town in Ireland who report their Aire generates €1.5million per year for the town?

Durham have just opened their first Aire on the Belmont Park & Ride site with help from CAMpRA
Briefing document.pdf
(352.93 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Steve - CAMpRA Leadership Team